WANTED - Two unsigned copies of Oileáin a hAon

General discussion
DaveWalsh

WANTED - Two unsigned copies of Oileáin a hAon

Post by DaveWalsh » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:21 pm

I am offering full price refund for any unsigned copy of Oileáin a hAon from 2004, provided it isn’t actually wrecked. €30. A fortune. (Or swap for an Oileáin a Dó?).

I had only one grandchild at the time, who got his, and I held back three more “just in case”, but I hit double figures before Christmas there so I went hunting on the internet and acquired three, leaving me short two.

If anyone can help I’d be grateful. DW

DaveWalsh

Re: WANTED - Two unsigned copies of Oileáin a hAon

Post by DaveWalsh » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:05 pm

One down, one to go, thanks everyone. DW

DaveWalsh

Post by DaveWalsh » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:17 pm

By the kindness of WISKA members, I am all organised, possibly even future-proofed.
Thanks everyone.
Grateful.
DW

DaveWalsh

Post by DaveWalsh » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:00 pm

I got sorted, thank you. 6 copies altogether.

Nobody would accept any money for any copy. There really is a great deal of kindness out there, which sometimes we forget. My thanks to Howard Jeffs, Howard Jeffs, Howard Jeffs, John Walsh, and then Conor Smith and Colly Larkin of this parish. Most of those folks I’ve never actually met!

I told my children they would have to decide for their own children when and in what words their children’s copies would be endorsed, and it’s causing chaos. Some feel that yeah, best leave it until the weans grow up a bit and their individual personalities draft the inscriptions, others that I’m a bad risk and they want something bland NOW. If life was meant to be easy I wouldn’t be in it, and if life were less complicated there’d never have been so much work for solicitors when that was seen as a good thing.

Thank you one and all.

DW