Streamstown. June 8,9+10

Information about ISKA meets
martinguilfoyle

Streamstown. June 8,9+10

Post by martinguilfoyle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

We will be based on Actons Beachside caravan site on the north side of the entrance to Streams town Bay in Connemara. OS map no. 37Grid ref. 584,547.
It will be held over the 3days and there is always paddling somewhere in the area if the weather blows up. There will be a come and try it element to the meet aimed at river and lake paddlers who want to try sea paddling. The number of boats available is small but the service providers sometimes hire out boats and equipment. I will be in touch with these to find out who has boats for hire and will post it here. You may try them youself .This is NOT for beginners but for people with some experience and are capable of handling a kayak and keeping their bum in the seat. Please be aware that seakayaking is a sport with an element of risk and while Safety is paramount with ISKA, we cannot accept liability for any accident whatsoever. Please check out the waiver on the home page and read it. There will be other trips peer paddles. Others may come as a group and may be planning trips to Boffin or Shark or elsewhere. The paddling possibilities are endlees here. From the campsite you can paddle North,South East or West or just enjoy the beaches and scenery and the peace and quiet.
On land the campsite fees are 8€per person per night. ISKA will not be collecting this. For families it is a beautiful spot with beaches and open spaces for children but no fairgrounds,ice cream vans or amusement arcades. You can fish and swim without leaving the site.
We plan to have a cooked evening meal available to all on the Saturday night. There is no fixed price for the meal but all proceeds will be going to the Doolin Rescue Services. The menu will consist of A special Thai green curry and a stew. We need some idea of numbers for the meet and the food so I would appreciate if people could let us know if theyarere coming and will they be eating. To date the meal has always been a success. iIf you have a musical instrument that you play bring it along as we usually have a bit of entertainment on the Sat night.
I will post further info as it becomes available. Any queries I can be contacted on 089 4359706 or email martig1@eircom.net. I will be away for thye next week and without a phone. I may pick up emails.
Hope to see you soon.
Martin Guilfoyle

brianmacmahon

Re:Streamstown. June 4,5+6

Post by brianmacmahon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

I\'m there Martin. Will probably bring the family in tow. Looking forward to the meal Saturday night providing Peter doesn\'t put barnacles in the sauce.
Doolin rescue is a great charity and god knows Matty needs the money in these times of cut backs !!

Can\'t wait !!!!Post edited by: brianmacmahon, at: 2011/05/05 19:08

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Mo will go.

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Mo will go.

evgenirojkov

Post by evgenirojkov » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Hello Martin,
would like to come again.
I\'m a bit confused: do we have June 4-5-6 or June 8-9-10 ?
Eugene

conorsmith

Post by conorsmith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

The meet is Saturday to Monday incl, June 4th, 5th & 6th, over the bank holiday weekend.

evgenirojkov

Post by evgenirojkov » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Danke schön!

martinguilfoyle

Re:Streamstown. June 8,9+10

Post by martinguilfoyle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Connor thanks for putting things right. My apologies. Another senior moment.
You dont stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stoop playing. Now where is my Hula Hoop?!!!!!!
Martin Guilfoyle

Navarat

Post by Navarat » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi Martin & Everyone, I missed you ALL, I will be there .
Sorry missing last trip down south, I always forget what day it is these days (old age), instead of travelling down as planned on Friday morning, I took dogs out to Belfast Lough from morning, drove down to Newcastle, sat in Tollymore Centre car park until after 8pm, a staff told me no one was there because Richard Lineham\'s Talk was on Thursday which was the night before, it was too late for me to reach the south in time ..
See you all :cheer:Post edited by: Navarat, at: 2011/05/18 23:31

colinfrancis

Post by colinfrancis » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Hope to get down on the sat wat time ?start B)