Skerries meet this Sunday, 3rd Feb

Information about ISKA meets
Julian

Skerries meet this Sunday, 3rd Feb

Post by Julian » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:49 pm

This Sunday sees the second-last of the season\'s Skerries meets with the usual mix of trip possibilities, depending on the weather, numbers and experience. Trip(s) may be inshore islands (Colt, St. Patricks and Shenick\'s), offshore (Rockabill) or a mix.

Meet at 10.30am RNLI slipway in Skerries. Keep an eye on the bulletin board as I\'ll post again on Friday when the forecast should be more reliable.Post edited by: julian, at: 2008/01/30 19:15

Julian

Re:Skerries meet this Sunday, 3rd Feb

Post by Julian » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:49 pm

The forecast for Sunday is uncertain and changing significantly during the day. Before midday very strong southerly winds are forecast ranging between F6 and F8+ according to which forecast you believe. From midday onwards the winds are forecast to fall sharply to F3/4 and more westerly in direction.

So, the meet is on for strong paddlers of about level 4 standard upwards. By the time we\'re on the water the wind should almost be easing. There\'s an ebbing tide, albeit neap, so I expect it\'ll be bumpy too initially.

If anyone has any questions about the meet, required standard or any other issues you can call me on 087 0521554, or else Sean Pierce on 086 8368736. If the forecast alters significantly in the meantime, I\'ll post again, or contact me on the above number.Post edited by: julian, at: 2008/02/01 22:39