Publicity for Irish Sea kayaking

General discussion
GeneCahill

Publicity for Irish Sea kayaking

Post by GeneCahill » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi all, I've recently been asked to join the Paddle Me Hard (www.paddlemehard.com) team as an admin for their webpage and facebook page. (Yes the name sounds dodgy but trust me, it's all legit!) The website is US-based but Dublin and Cork hold spots in the top ten facebook followers with Dublin as number 1. Much of the website is about river kayaking but my task (a voluntary role I might add here!) "is to represent and showcase the values and interests of those within the Paddlesport communities of Ireland and the UK". My own aim is to promote and increase publicity for the sea kayaking community in Ireland - showcase what we have to offer, profile clubs, organisations, people and events. My most recent post on their website was a personal account of the Great Island Kayak Race last December in Cork (https://paddlemehard.com/?p=1875) This will be done through the writing of articles, posting of photos, short videos etc on the Paddle Me Hard facebook page and their website. Any articles online or on their facebook page relating to Ireland in recent weeks have come from me. If any of you have any pics or articles you'd like to contribute, on any aspect of sea kayaking, please send them to me and I'll try get them published! My email is geniecahill@gmail.com

I have been in contact with a few people here and they have already agreed to write articles and contribute information on their clubs etc. I'm extending that to all ISKA people! I'd love to publish something on ISKA itself - why it started, how it started etc. If any among you have any information you want to send me on this, please do so. If any of you were there at the start and would like to write an article, better yet! (I'm just a newbie to ISKA). It would be good to showcase Irish Seakayaking to a wider audience so here's hoping for lots of contributions and suggestions. Many thanks in advance.

Gene