Dances with Waves - back in print!

General discussion
ciaranclissmann

Dances with Waves - back in print!

Post by ciaranclissmann » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:49 pm

This just in...

Dear ISKA,

Brian Wilson’s book of his sea kayak journey around the whole of Ireland – Dances with Waves – along with the corresponding book for the Scottish Coast – Blazing Paddles – have both recently been republished by Two Ravens Press (that’s me and Sharon Blackie), a small independent publisher based in Ullapool on the West Highland coast.

Dances with Waves had been out of print for some time (it was originally published in Ireland by O’Brien) and we know that copies had changed hands for some proper cash on e-bay! Well, the new, smart edition is available in the UK and a few copies have filtered across to Ireland – but I wondered if there was a chance of putting something into your newsletter or a bulletin board? I can send cover images/blurb – a copy or two of the book if anybody felt they would like to review it for the newsletter.

I won’t attach any files just now – I’m sure you’re wary of attachments – but it would be great to publicise the new edition to the people who will really enjoy it. I’ll aim to make it available from some outdoor shops if there is any interest – and if anyone is in a hurry I can always supply direct.

Thanks for your time

David

David Knowles DFC BA
Green Willow Croft, Rhiroy, Lochbroom, Ullapool, Ross-shire IV23 2SF
mobile 07854954488
davidknowles@tworavenspress.com; www.tworavenspress.com