UPDATE re July 4th EC meet at Bray

Information about ISKA meets
declandonnelly

UPDATE re July 4th EC meet at Bray

Post by declandonnelly » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Forecast from Carlingford L. to Howth H. to Carnsore P. and Irish Sea
Wind SW or W force 5 or 6
Increasing to force 6 or 7
Possibly touching gale force 8 in the south of the area.
Thats a very strong OFF SHORE wind.
We shouldn\'t go out on a forecast like that - the wind flattens the sea close to the shore making it look safer than it is - further out the seas gets pretty big - it you get blown out a bit (which can happen in a few moments) it can be very hard work paddling back in against the wind.
However I am happy to meet at Bray at 19.00hrs to see what conditions are like - practicing strokes and rescues close inshore under the shelter of Bray Head may be possible.
If you intend coming to Bray for 19.00hrs tonight you MUST call me at 086 828 1247 before 16.00hrs. I dont want to go to the bother of turning up if there is no interest in a club paddle tonight.
So call me by 16.00.
Declan.

Julian

Re:UPDATE re July 4th EC meet at Bray

Post by Julian » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

I intend to go anyway and will do some (more) rolling practice if not actually very much paddling. Would be interested to know whether anyone else plans to show.

Midday forecast from Met Eireann\'s site:
Wind: West to southwest force 5 to 7, veering northwest today. Slowly decreasing this evening and tonight, and backing, to become west to southwest force 3 or 4 early tomorrow. Increasing south force 4 to 6 towards midday.

Sean.C

Post by Sean.C » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

I think im gonna go down and take a look, maybe practice some rolling, eskimos etc.

Seán.

SeanHennessy

Post by SeanHennessy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

I plan to go and do some rolling anyway.

Seán