ISKA Meet Roaringwater bay

General discussion
DavidCarraher

ISKA Meet Roaringwater bay

Post by DavidCarraher » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi Folks the meeting point is Cunnamore pier OS map 88 grid ref 012288. This will be a camping on the Islands (middle Calf Island on Saturday night).weekend. Meet at Cunnamore pier at 10am on Saturday the 30th April. There is very sheltered waters in this area so weather should not pose too much of a problem. It is a good area for inexperienced paddlers.
If conditions are good then some extended trips will also be arranged for the more experienced paddlers.

Any queries ring me on 0872346420 outside of working hours.

Regards

Dave

maria2

Re:ISKA Meet Roaringwater bay

Post by maria2 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

For anyone arriving late to West Cork , One of the nicest camping areas and it is sheltered is on the East Skeam. About 10 minutes paddle from Cunnamore Pier. Go in between the two Skeams Enter the Bay on the East one . The site is at the end of the Bay. Short grass. Good access.
Enjoy the weekend in West Cork .
My No. is 086-6065973 if Anyone needs local advice.
Jim Kennedy

emullan

Post by emullan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks Jim. Friday night looks wet so we\'ve booked into the 12 Arches Hostel in Ballydehob about 12k away.
Due to the overwhelming response to my last e-mail I\'m presuming that hundreds of kayakers will be descending on West Cork for the weekend.
See yz all there!
E
B)

PaulD

Post by PaulD » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Yes, Elaine there will be a huge number of paddlers.Watch out for those hidden kayakers in the B&B. I hope to about on the water on Saturday sometime.

Should be a good weekend as long as you don\'t mind rain or wind. See you then.

Is Rolf\'s Hostel full??

chrisleonard

Post by chrisleonard » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi Paul,
think we got the last two beds when we booked last night. Anyone else staying in Rolf\'s tonight ?