Sea kayak Greenlander Pro for sale

Items for sale or wanted
walshtimothy

Re:Sea kayak Greenlander Pro for sale

Post by walshtimothy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:47 pm

No no !!

did that with the cycling and sometimes having \"your thing\" is good lol ;)

Naw , I would but shes not into watersports in the slightest.... plus buying two kayaks is even worse ;)

Cheers , Tim .

PS- Jemma - if you read this , I\'m only kidding lol :)

ciaranclissmann

Post by ciaranclissmann » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Mark tried the \'get her paddling too\' thing, or at least the \'get her a boat for her birthday\' thing, and now he only sees teh back of his \'thing\' from a distance, as she tears away....in a Greenlander pro, as it happens.

The downside of bikes is the amount of maintenance, new goodies you need - new tyres, new blocks, replacement shifters every few years, new chains quite often, etc. At least with a kayak, you buy it, you paddle it, you throw it on the lawn for the slugs to colonise, you take it out, you drown the slugs and away you go....

But of course paddling is all about offshore camping, so we are talking tents, trangias, thermarests and sleeping bags next...

So much to buy, so little money!

walshtimothy

Post by walshtimothy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Oh yeas , as a keen hiker I\'ve already got all that stuff , though Im not sure how it all fits an a sea kayak- must be an art to it ;)

Yeah I used to race road bikes and MTBs- good craic , but a lot of maintenance , money and maintenance some more- oh and did I mention maintenance !! something I just dont like doing anymore :P

but yeah , looking forward to getting away to an offshore island with nothin but the kayakers and the goats to keep you company ( may have sounded dodgy there :blush: )

As for getting the missus into it.......... hmmm....... maybe wait a wee while , and edge her in- you know how it is ;)

Cheers , Tim.

CeeGee

Post by CeeGee » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:47 pm

And on the subject of paddles...

Hold off the realy expensive gear until you are comfirtable with your style! I reckon a €150-200 should be fine for the moment e.g glass shaft, N12 blades, you can also use it as a spare later.

Good idea to go for a PADLOK or VARILOK (latter adjusts length as well as feather - there Greattt, (just) as strong and much easier to transport, mail order etc.) - or try a good few out (cranked shafts etc.) before taking the plunge (not just figuratively). P.S. check you don\'t paddle left-handed first (left hand stays fixed on shaft, shaft rotates thru right - less of an issue the lower the feather - but important for the oval grip)

cheers, Steve

P.S. funded the current entry into the sport by selling the bike - it DOES work out chealer ;-)

Whitey

Post by Whitey » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Very Interested in this is it still for sale?

Eoin White