Orange plastic Dagger kayak found on Killiney Beach

General discussion
patriciacarraher

Orange plastic Dagger kayak found on Killiney Beach

Post by patriciacarraher » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:47 pm

An orange plastic Dagger boat washed up on Killiney Beach. If you own it post here and I'll pass on your details to the person who found it. Can't figure out how to post a picture of the boat. I hope the owner is okay

Trish

DaveWalsh

Re: Orange plastic Dagger kayak found on Killiney Beach

Post by DaveWalsh » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:22 pm

Not having your name on your kayak seems very odd, but sometimes it only gets to seem odd, inexplicable really, AFTER you’ve lost it. And you can lose something in so many different ways, just ask an Taoiseach.

Me, I lost my sea kayak when bad guys removed it from the roof of my van that was parked on the road outside my house. No owner’s name supplied then, though there is now I can tell you.

The Gardaí caught the bad guys almost immediately but how to find an owner of the kayak, when not a number plate in sight? Ultimately it got solved because the mother of one of the Gardaí follows one of my daughters on Instagram, and she’d recognised the kayak on an appeal.

Village Ireland, Mná na hÉireann or what?

I remember a river boat was “lost” at Jacksons 30 years ago when I was a chap, and then turned up on Portmarnock beach, name and phone number still legible. It is worth it ……

DW