Dolphin in Clare

General discussion
brianmacmahon

Dolphin in Clare

Post by brianmacmahon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi Gang. It appears that the \"Dusty\" is back in residence off White Strand in Co. Clare. She is an adult female bottlenose dolphin and she has a great affinity for kayaks (thank god). She especially likes to race them, she is also quiet happy to be rubbed, my kids have got up close and personal with her and they didn\'t even have to swim, she swam around their legs in shallow water.

This beach is small and mainly populated by locals so I would appreciate it if ye would keep it within the kayaking fraternity. If I was from kerry I would be shouting from the tree tops and selling teashirts and key rings. But I\'m not I\'m a Clare man by the grace of God. This is a lovely quiet beach which is ideal for sea kayakers, parking is easy and free......so far, so lets keep it that way. I know ye will respect the envoirnment and the dolphin.....whatever ye do do not surround her or grab her by the tail, some stupid tourist did that and got three broken ribs as a result. The beach is on the Lahinch road ten minuted out of Miltown Malbay....it\'s not signposted so refer to google earth or OS map. Enjoy !!!! It\'s a truly wonderful experience.

Brian Mac