East Coast Trip 18 May Greystones

General discussion
ciaranclissmann

East Coast Trip 18 May Greystones

Post by ciaranclissmann » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi all,

I\'ll be leading today\'s trip out of Greystones harbour at 1900. Weather forecast is for southerly breezes, there\'s not a whole lot of tide around (pretty much neaps). Plan : Bray and back, probably off the water by half nine or so...

For those new to Greystones, it\'s just south of Bray - take the last exit for Bray South/Greystones on the N11 (going south), and take the last right off the roundabout (probably signposted for Greystones). Then at the end of the Southern Cross road, take a right at the roundabout, uphill southwards. In Greystones, keep left and follow the road downhill, under the railway bridge to the harbour. Usually plenty of parking just at the harbour itself. Good fish and chips onsite.

Ciaran

ciaranclissmann

Re:East Coast Trip 18 May Greystones

The wind is up quite a bit, as is the forecast.

However, the trip is still on. Please be aware that you may decide, or be encouraged, not to go on the water when you get to Greystones. However, hopefully we\'ll all get out.

Ciaran

admin wrote:
Hi all,

I\'ll be leading today\'s trip out of Greystones harbour at 1900. Weather forecast is for southerly breezes, there\'s not a whole lot of tide around (pretty much neaps). Plan : Bray and back, probably off the water by half nine or so...

For those new to Greystones, it\'s just south of Bray - take the last exit for Bray South/Greystones on the N11 (going south), and take the last right off the roundabout (probably signposted for Greystones). Then at the end of the Southern Cross road, take a right at the roundabout, uphill southwards. In Greystones, keep left and follow the road downhill, under the railway bridge to the harbour. Usually plenty of parking just at the harbour itself. Good fish and chips onsite.

Ciaran

CarlFarmer

Post by CarlFarmer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

\"The wind is up quite a bit, as is the forecast.\"

A Bit !?!? Is \'a bit\' a new code word like intresting?

ciaranclissmann

I think a good time was had by all (four) of us who ventured out last evening.

Well done to all concerned, who dealt well with fairly chunky seas and a brisk breeze.

Ciaran

CarlFarmer

Post by CarlFarmer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

I think we should have an online dictionary here to define, \'a bit\', \'interesting\', \'lumpy\', \'bouncy\' because last night was definitely Jobbley...