TnadT 56

General discussion
tadhgdebarra

TnadT 56

Post by tadhgdebarra » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi Folks,

The next TnadT is going to be along a medical theme for sea kayakers. While not intended to substitute those excellent REC courses available, I do want to take a little look at some of the injuries related to sea kayaking and their management.
I intend to cover the following; rotator cuff strain, blisters, sciatica, chaffing, twisted ankles, back hygiene, burns, elbow and forearm tendonitis. Sea sickness has been covered already. I am not sure yet if I will approach biggies like head trauma or shoulder dislocation as these might better be covered in one of those outdoor courses but watch this space...
If you've had an injury directly related to sea kayaking not mentioned above, and would like it discussed ( in general terms) would you like to let me know about it and can you either post a message here or email me? tnadteditoratgmaildotcom
Tadhg

colinfrancis

Re: TnadT 56

Post by colinfrancis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:58 pm

There a interest piece about Wilderness First Aid Shoulder Dislocation in Canoe and kayak,Love to see some one try to put there one back in with out pain relief,I see at lest one a week and the pain can make you cry ,Not recommend seek help .are you look for input for you piece,let me know

Hynser

Post by Hynser » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:27 pm

I thought perhaps, we could do something on burns, accidents with stoves, kelly kettels whilst camping?
Happy to write a chapter on that if needs be.

etienne

Post by etienne » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:01 am

What about coping with addiction to kayaking? :(

Etienne

tadhgdebarra

Post by tadhgdebarra » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks for the ideas Jon and Colin. Etienne, remember, kayaking is the cure, not the disease. T