CATITWE may bank holiday weekend

Information about ISKA meets
martinguilfoyle

CATITWE may bank holiday weekend

Post by martinguilfoyle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

CATITWE 4,5AND 6 of May.
This will again be at Streamstown at Actons caravan site north of Clifden.
This is a come and try it weekend and the only led trips will be those for those on a \"come and try\" trips. Other people usually get together in peer groups or informal trips. to me that
This event has over recent years become a bit of a social event where paddlers can bring their families with them and the children and non paddling people can enjoy a wonderful weekend in Connemara with access to beautiful beaches and freedom. Everyone generally enjoys themselves here. It has been suggested that something be done for the children. The organisers are fairly tied up with cooking and organising paddles, but if any of the families or friends have any ideas or would like to organise something we would love to hear from them and will try to help and assist where possible.
Also this year we might try to organise a few short informal workshops covering forward paddling, Greenland paddling and rolling demos and instruction if there is enough interest. Other suggestions will be considered.
As in other years we will be organising a meal for the Sat night with all profits going to the Doolin rescue services. In Jan this year we handed Doolin Rescue €750. This was as a result of last years event and a few other events that were organised last year. If you paddle Clare / Galway you will be aware of the work that this crew do.
It would be good if we could get some idea of numbers so we know roughly how many to cater for.
Book your camping direct with Chris Acton and say you are with ISKA to avail of the discount rate.
I can be contacted on zero eight nine 4 35 9706

Martin guilfoyle

tee

Re:CATITWE may bank holiday weekend

Post by tee » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Streamstown CaTiWE is listed in the ISKA meets as 10-11 May. Those dates I can make....Post edited by: tee, at: 2013/04/14 17:14

marese

Post by marese » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Gerry, sorry about that. We had changed the date of the meet and I thought we had done it everywhere. My apologies but the Streamstown meet is the May Bank Holiday.

Navarat

Post by Navarat » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Martin, I have spoke and booked with Chris for this week-end, looking forward to be there on Friday evening or early Saturday morning AND your cooking & entertainment
Thanks a million :laugh: Missing you all especially Dave Glasgow

conorsmith

Post by conorsmith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks again to Martin, Dave G, Peter, Sean, Johnny and all helpers for a very enjoyable weekend. The weather gods may not have been completely on our side however, there was still some excellent paddling on the Saturday, with catering and food up to the usual high standards.

Looking forward already to meeting up with everyone again June 8/9th South East area.

colinfrancis

Post by colinfrancis » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Yet another Grate weekend Thanks all Martin,Dave, Peter johnny and Sean for the trip on Saturday B) the food waz grate and I had a good laugh on Saturday night hope to see you soon

brianmacmahon

Post by brianmacmahon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Just adding my appreciation to Martin, Dave, Peter, Johnny and Sean for leading on Saturday. Wonderful days paddling followed by fantastic food. What more could you ask for !!!

The wind may have been against us but we had some great sunshine and great paddling particularly out and around the islands.

Looking forward to the next outing already.

ND

Post by ND » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

As above, thanks Martin, Peter (hope you\'re better), Dave, Johnny, Sean for organising all that on land and water. Despite inconsiderate weather gods over the week end, we\'ve had a great paddle complete with corn crakes on Turbot and dolphins on the way back - Great week end again
Nic