Protest

General discussion
DaveWalsh

Protest

Post by DaveWalsh » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

I protest the way ISKA / Feckers / TND has gone since late last year when last I sea-paddled.
I am often inactive that way in winters as a rule. Mostly I emerge in springtime, all-tennised-out, refreshed, needing to get some mileage in, but on balance feeling the better for the lay-off.
This year was different.
On the trip to Lambay last week there wasn’t one, not two, but three Carrahers! There was only one when I left last year. This cannot go on. Can there be more of them out there ? There has to be a rule against things like this.
If things go unchecked, there could for instance be two Clissmans (three!?). Imagine a second Eileen (horror of horrors). We already tolerate two Durnans (to our advantage) and often two Pierces, but imagine another Butcher. Enough is surely enough.
As if all that wasn’t of itself intolerable, the new TND, new broom sweeping clean, boasts a splendid photo on an island I have never been on. No respect there, not an ounce. That wouldn’t have happened under the older regimes.
It is time to cry halt. If this organisation keeps improving the way it has been, I am going to have to consider my position.
DWalsh
***** TND Editor’s note – what “position”?
***** Webmaster’s Note – The views expressed here etc etc, and more important, anyone know when is Dave back from the Shetlands?

EMurphy

Re:Protest

Post by EMurphy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Dave

Welcome out of hibernation. Indeed, I agree with your sentiments. All these changes, cataclysmic movements within the organization are just too much for a man of your stature and \"mature\" years to handle and assimilate. You are dead right - these new developments cannot go unchecked - new folk getting involved and not paying enough respect towards those who have gone before them, older longer established members flexing new muscle and \"pushing out their boats\" even further, landing and claiming new islands without first seeking permission from his Lordship Dwalco and horror of horror, more women taking leadership roles within our ranks. What is the world coming to at all???

With respect Sir, maybe, it is time to reconsider your position. Time to wrap yourself up in a protective layer of nice, soft cotton wool. Time to dust down the old slippers and curl up in a safe and warm haven far removed from those disturbing developments!!!

Eileen

Maurice

Re:Protest

Post by Maurice » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Jayzes!!!!!!!!!