Anglesey, 1/2 Dec. Custom Adv. Sea Kayaking

Information about ISKA meets
Julian

Anglesey, 1/2 Dec. Custom Adv. Sea Kayaking

Post by Julian » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:49 pm

I\'m trying to get a group together for a course with Sea Kayaking UK in Holyhead, Anglesey. The course will be run just for us, so weather permitting we get to do what we want and are able to do. Tide races, surf and rough water handling skills are top of my preferences, but see \"content\" below. We need 4 and can take up to 6 paddlers of about level 4 standard.

If you\'re interested feel free to ask questions or let me know as soon as possible if you\'d like a place. If you do want to come I\'ll need a cheque from you for the course cost in order to book a place.

Advanced Sea Kayaking course (custom)
============================
Where: SeaKayaking UK, Holyhead, Anglesey
When: 1st and 2nd December 2007
Who: Space for a maximum of 6, level 4 paddlers.

Content: The intention is particularly to spend time in the various tide races around Anglesey, making use of the conditions not readily available just here and learning rough water handling and surf skills. However, it\'s a custom course so the details are up to us. Roughly speaking the content is detailed here http://www.seakayakinguk.com/courses/advanced.html . We only have a weekend and it depends on the weather a bit too.

Accomodation: Sea Kayaking UK have a house with 4 bedrooms sleeping about 8 people right near their base in Holyhead. Bed, breakfast and packed lunch is included in the cost. Preparation of food is DIY. Dinner not included, but plenty of choice locally.

Equipment: Boat, paddle, deck (and other if required) equipment included in the cost. Boats are NDK Explorers and such like. Paddles are Lendal.

Transport: Sea Kayaking UK have a van and trailer and will drive us around Anglesey. There\'s no reason to take our car(s), unless you *really* want to take your own boat. (Cars are unreasonably expensive on the ferry). Foot passengers cost about €66 each (depending on Stena/Irish Ferries). Ferry times are not helpful on the return. I suggest the following:

1. Stena HSS DL-HH Fri 30/11 d1800 a1939

2. Irish Ferries Swift HH-DP Sun 02/12 d1715 a1915
3. Irish Ferries Swift HH-DP Mon 03/12 d0240 a0555
4. Stena HSS HH-DL Mon 03/12 d0855 a1034

(HH - Holyhead, DP - Dublin Port, DL - Dun Laoghaire)

Cost: £155 (Sterling) for course, accomodation, food, boat, paddle and other equipment. Ferry, dinner, beer cost extra.Post edited by: julian, at: 2007/11/17 16:59