Kinvarra Magical mystery tour

Information about ISKA meets
conorhilliard

Kinvarra Magical mystery tour

Post by conorhilliard » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks to Martin, Dave and all the other assistants another great weekend. A lot of organising obviously went into it to make it such a success. I now know what to do when Jamie asks for a front hatch cover!!!.
Thanks to all the cooks who gave up their paddling.

Conor.

JamieD

Re:Kinvarra Magical mystery tour

Post by JamieD » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks Martin for a great weekend I certainly learned a lot even if I still think the hatch cover thing was a trick question!
Thanks also to Paul, Connor, Nic and Donncha for a fun day out.

I understand that all the goody two shoes mentor types gave a feedback session to their groups on Sunday morning, personaly I think that this was a sign that they had drunk far too little on Saturday night but if any of my team want some feedback feel free to email me on jamiedonaldateircomdotnet.

Jamie

DaveWalsh

Post by DaveWalsh » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Not guilty.
I didn\'t drink too little Saturday night.
AND
I didn\'t give feedback Sunday morning becaise as Martin would say \"My head hoit .....\".
Sorry if my guys felt left out, but I had a hot date for breakfast.

I feel I did feed back as we went though, mostly. The navigation was superb (subject to one major lapse of concentration which cost them dear), the course making good was so well done that when I had to say, find slipway - it was there at their feet, really remarkable accuracy, and the same with Pamela. The hatch cover was on in under 3 minutes, and the all-in the same. All of them rolled, one fella on both sides. They lost a few points for the seasickness, the x-rscue was good but imperfect (a bit like myself), and the portaging ditto.
Listening to the other examiners, I can say that the standard overall of those taking part was very high indeed.

Team assessment instead of individual assessment, coupled with none of it counting anyway, meant everyone could fire themselves into things with no regrets. It was a great idea, all the learning opportunites of the real thing, but without the pain.

Martin for Taoiseach ?

DWalsh

Mary

Post by Mary » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Brilliant idea Martin. A mini symposium in itself !

Thanks to Martin for all the hard work in the run up and during this event. It will have to stay on the calendar now after such a success. Any volunteers for next years??

Thanks to Johnny and Peter for the great feast, the cosy tepee and for keeping an \'eye\' on our food!!

Glad I was a mentor because I know I would not have managed aswell as everyone on those teams did. Well done to all for getting stuck in and I know I\'m chicken for not getting wet!! :huh:

Mary

ND

Post by ND » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Great week end it was - thanks to all who\'ve been organising all the bits there were to organise/work at etc. cheers - NIC

gspeller

Post by gspeller » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

I echo all the thanks to Martin, Peter, Johnny, Dave and all the mentors for a great weekend.
Great idea for a weekend and helps improve the skills of everyone involved.
Thanks again
Graham.

JohnF

Post by JohnF » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks Martin, Dave and everyone who put so much effort into the weekend. Very good experience and learned lots. Hope you do it again next year.

Dermot

Post by Dermot » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Adding my thanks to Martin, Dave, Chefs, musicians, and Indian Chiefs; and specially also to the mentors. (What are the chances of all the best paddlers at one event getting seasick at exactly the same time and place in a paddle?!) Learnt loads and great fun too....and yes please again for next year. Dermot

niallmadden

Post by niallmadden » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

And further thanks to Martin and Co for leading the Level 3 trip on Saturday: none of them got sea sick and we all got home safe and dry, and with our hatches intact!

Thanks also to Ciaran and Co for leading the Sunday trip.
Niall.

rachelquinlan

Post by rachelquinlan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks to Martin, Peter and Johnny for orgaising a fantastic weekend and for the great food! Thanks to everyone else too - it was great for us rookies to meet so many ISKA people.
Rachel.