Paddling This Weekend East Coast 29/30 Sept

Information about ISKA meets
DaveWalsh

Paddling This Weekend East Coast 29/30 Sept

Post by DaveWalsh » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

I am down to mentor Chris Leonard but he seems to be abroad, and according to rumour on a significant holiday. It seems unlikely he will be around Saturday as scheduled. I am treble booked Saturday. So.
I can take the trip Sunday but may move the event location, maybe to Brittas / Wicklow Head, so take this as a preliminary that Saturday in Bulloch is more likely Sunday elsewhere.
DWalsh

chrisleonard

Re:Paddling This Weekend East Coast 29/30 Sept

Post by chrisleonard » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi Dave and the Feckers,
officially I\'m working in Brazil at the moment rather than holidaying but the lines can be blurred sometimes here ! Thanks for posting and stepping in as I\'m away.

I emailed other aspirant leaders sometime ago so maybe some of them might choose this oppurtunity to assist on the trip this weekend ?

bom dia (as they say in Brazil)

Chris

DaveWalsh

Right so.
Unless someone wants to lead from Bulloch on Saturday, I will lead Sunday instead.
If no takers I will post details before afternoon of Friday.
Is there any interest in going somewhere different, Carlingford, Skerries, Lambay, Wicklow etc ? I already have a taker for Brittas Bay to Brideshead, which would be my choice.
Expressions of interest, and location suggested, from those intending to go please.
DWalsh

DaveWalsh

The plan is now fixed. Meet at Brittas Bay middle carpark at 10.30. Its paying in, but that can\'t be helped. If people need a gridreference I can post it later today. On the water before 11.30 to get to Wicklow Head by 1300, lunch, then ride the tide back, 10km each way. There SHOULD be time to get home for the match. No guarantees. Those who go to sea in small boats must occasionally have their worldly plans thwarted.
The tidal timings are critical, so no latecomers, please. The caravan will NOT wait. My usual gentle disposition in these matters will not this time be in evidence.
DWalsh