Oileáin a Do

General discussion
Sean

Oileáin a Do

Post by Sean » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

This to say many thanks and a Happy Christmas to all of you who have contributed photos over the year 2012. The number of contributers is currently close to 30 individuals which is great. My present location is north of Achill.... after many an interesting deviation through Connemara, South Mayo and as yet unresolved tour of Clew Bay. No wise cracks re slowest circumnavigation ever!
Specific appeals I will issue early in 2013 but if anyone was on a very special ISKA trip to the Brannocks/Aran Islands in 2005 and shot digital rather than slide please contact me. I need a resolution above 1mb minimum per image.

If others have done the trip since and have photos of the Brannocks and the Aran islands please contact me on

086-8368736 or sean@shearwaterseakayaking.ie

All the best
Sean

martinguilfoyle

Re:Oileáin a Do

Post by martinguilfoyle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Sean I camped on the Brannocks in the Summer and have a few shots and also the back of Aran Mor. I will go through them and see if any are of use.
Martin

martinguilfoyle

Post by martinguilfoyle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Aran Mor should read Inis Mor of the Aran Islands. is it a navigation issue or a senior moment issue?

Martin

tee

Post by tee » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

a senior navigation moment?

DaveWalsh

Post by DaveWalsh » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Updating the current situation.
Oileáin is committed to being placed in the hands of the publishers on or before 28th February 2013.
Although it could appear 4 months later, June, at our request it will instead appear on a pre-planned date in early October 2013, so that everyone involved is a bit freer to push it in its early days.
There are some things therefore that can be done before 28th February and some things might wait, after that for a bit, anyway :
1. Before 28th February, anyone with a correction to a detail, speak up or hold your peace for another 8 or 9 years. A beach that may not be landed on at HW, a carpark that no longer exists or whatever, now is the time.
2. Sean really needs those photos now. Once 28th February passes, he will know far better what areas of the country are covered sparsely, and not so, and will say, to fill the hole, but now is the time, please.
3. After 28th February I will start concentrating on peripheral matters, such as advertising (Oileáin has to wash its face), who to say thank you to (Santa loves all his Elves and wants to acknowledge them), all those things. But I can take suggestions now. Do you know someone would like to be asked to advertise, do you know someone would like to be thanked (including yourself in either case), do you think an Irishism or DWalshism used in the text isn\'t explained (unlikely, I know), all that sort of thing.
4. As always, Oileáin is up to date, the current on line version being up to September last, freely downloadable. The only new details I haven\'t out there yet are the Tit Bonhomme tragedy, Inishturkbeg is sold, and Rossbeigh Island is back where it belongs as part on mainland Kerry. Other updates always welcomed and always acknowledged.
DWalsh

conorsmith

Post by conorsmith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Perfect timing for you to set up a book stand at the 2013 Symposium. Hot off the presses - literally!