streamstown Update

Information about ISKA meets
martinguilfoyle

streamstown Update

Post by martinguilfoyle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

A brief outline for saturday. The weather is for offshore breezes but dry with some sunshine. It looks good for sat. and sun but monday is not looking good according to RTE Weather

We will meet at Actons Campsite at 0930 and there will be a briefing at 0945.
The trip leader for the come and try it element will be Dave Carragher. The trip plan is yet to be decided and will depend on numbers abilitiy and weather. This is the only organised and led trip. All other trips will be arranged by consensus.
To ensure safety and pleasant paddling we depend on people to be honest with us about their paddling ability.
Please make yourself known to me on Sat. morning if you have not paddled with us before.
We may be able to run a greenland rolling and rescue session. If interested let us know.
Dan of Dublin Bay Sea kayaks will have a few different demo boats: the Tahe Marine models Greenlander, Greenlander T, and the Reval.
If any other suppliers would like to attend and make their boats available for demonstration you are more than welcome.
I look forward to meeting you all in Sunny Connemara.
Martin Guilfoyle

conorsmith

Re:streamstown Update

Post by conorsmith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Thank you again to Martin, Peter, Johnny & Dave for an excellent weekend. While a little cool at night, light winds and sunshine during the day allowed visits to High, Friar, Cruagh, Turbot Inishturk and for some a trip down Cliften Bay to explore the caves along the route.

colinfrancis

Post by colinfrancis » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks all grate time see you all soon B)

brianmacmahon

Post by brianmacmahon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Just to add my thanks to Martin and Peter for a fantastic weekend. Arrrrrrr !!!
Also to Dave Carrigher for leading us on a very pleasant paddle around Friar and Croagh.

The stew was very welcome on a cold night. Must get the recipe of Martin and Peter. Although maybe its best not to know ;)

martinguilfoyle

Post by martinguilfoyle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Despite the cold nights the days were successful with some good paddling done. It was good to meet some old faces and a good few new ones. Thanks to all who came and shared the food and contributed to the Doolin rescue fund. Peter is in charge of the funds and as he is one of Angela Merkels group I have yet to find out the final moneys raised. German Bankers!!!
Thanks especially to Dave Carragher for organising and leading the trips.
An event like this takes a bit of doing and it would not be possible without the help and co-operation of many. Peter Johnny and Dave Glasgow for the food prep and event; - cheers lads you are a great team. There were many others who lent and delivered gas bottles and stoves. Thanks for that as there is only so much that will fit in an Astra estate. There were many others and offers of assistance and you are all appreciated.
I hope all that came enjoyed it and I loookn forward to meeting you all on the water soon.
Chris Acton (the Campsite owner) if you are reading this ,thanks for your hospitality and I will see later in the summer.
Martin Guilfoyle

Chancer

Post by Chancer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks Martin, Peter and Dave for organising the very successful weekend in Streamstown. My first time there and I hope wont be my last. A beautiful location with excellent paddling and pristine beaches. The weather was perfect for paddling if very cold at night - must get a better sleeping bag. The meal on Sat evening was brilliant - great to get off the water, shower and not have to worry about cooking. It was great that the gang of Pirates stayed to prepare everything including the large centrally heated teepee -in fact two teepees. Thanks too to Dave Caragher for leading the Sunday trip to Turbot, Turk and Cruit Islands - lovely paddle.

ciaran

Post by ciaran » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

All the way to Cruit - well done, that \'s a fair old spin :woohoo:

rachelquinlan

Post by rachelquinlan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Yes another fantastic weekend in Streamstown as we have come to expect. Martin you managed to sort out the weather even if it was at the last minute, you cut it finer than usual! Thanks to Martin, Peter, Dave G and Johnny for excellent food and organization and to Dave C for on-the-water leadership. It was great to see everyone. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon,
Rachel.

niallmadden

Post by niallmadden » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Lovely weekend. Thanks to everyone involved.
Here is a shot of the scruvy dogs from the galley. More photos to follow this evening.
Niall.[img size=800][/img] [img size=800]http://www.irishseakayakingassociation. ... g_3230.jpg[/img]

ciaran

Post by ciaran » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

nice one, niall. Guilfoyle showing his true colours :)