Tour of Lambay on east coast.

Information about ISKA meets
Maurice

Re:Tour of Lambay on east coast.

Post by Maurice » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Er, Guys, I\'m looking at wind guru and tomorrow aint looking good. I will make a call on this at about 8pm this eve. Bit of a bummer but we still have another few days before oppertunity passes. Mo.

robinkavanagh

Post by robinkavanagh » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi Maurice,
Well, I can\'t make it anyway tomorrow, but it certainly doesn\'t look very nice. Thanks. I really want to do that tour with you someday! Best, Robin :kiss:

Maurice

Hi all, Have to say I\'m between a rock and a hard place in this or perhaps more relevant, the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (sorry Des), Weather looks crap and where wind might be managable there is buckets of rain promised. (have a look at Met and Guru).
Rain not an issue when a kayaking but not exactly what we had in mind for a garden and estate visit. In fairness, I was out and around Howth today and we would have needed traffic lights, so the call on not going today sits well with me.
Can I please suggest that tomorrow is off and we re, re schedule for tuesday evening (6.30, Rush pier), it looks as if the tail end of tomorrows November weather will have fizzeled out by then.
We can kayak around Lambay any day of the year but access (thanks M J) is limited. Lets hold off and enjoy... So Tuesday, Rush pier 6.30....
Apols for any dissapointment, I share it. Maurice...........Post edited by: Maurice, at: 2011/06/11 21:07

robinkavanagh

Post by robinkavanagh » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi Maurice, I can\'t join you on Tuesday evening . . . but have fun! Catch you another time :kiss: Robin

conormurray

Post by conormurray » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi Maurice,

I can\'t make Tuesday either. Hopefully you can get another date as this is one I don\'t want to miss.

Cheers,
Conor

willie collins

Post by willie collins » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi Mo sorry I can\'t make tuesday either. enjoy the weather looks good. Maybe next time thanks. :whistle:

Maurice

Thanks to all who put to sea in very interesting conditions yesterday eve. Forecast offered F4 gusting F6 but what we encountered was F6 sustained. This made for a very interesting sea state and unfortunately left little time to explore the island on this occasion, but smiles all round on return to Rush suggest a good time was had. Again I would like to convey my thanks, on behalf of ISKA and Salmon Leap Canoe Club, to Dr. Matthew Jebb and by extention, the residents of Lambay for their hospitality. Regards. Maurice.