South East trip this weekend

General discussion
emullan

Post by emullan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

There will be a sea kayaking trip from Dunmore East on Sunday 3rd July. Options include Brownstown Head (Tramore), Hook Head, or up-river from Passage East if weather is poor.

Contact Elaine on 087 7851475 for further details if you wish to paddle.

;)

Maurice

Re:South East trip this weekend

Post by Maurice » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Wont make it, but do enjoy!
Regards and Hi to Ian.
Maurice.

BillyDennigan

Re:South East trip this weekend

Post by BillyDennigan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Trying to get a boat for the weekend and will be out if I get it.

Cheers,

Billy.
087-9584049

emullan

Re:South East trip postponed til Tues eve

Post by emullan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Tomorrow’s Dunmore East paddle has been postponed until Tuesday night.

Tomorrow’s forecast is for heavy, thundery showers with SW winds decreasing to force 4/5 (!). Any paddle would be restricted to the harbour area and most likely inside Creadon head.

On Tuesday evening Cara and some of the Wexford paddlers have arranged to do a ‘Tall-Ships-spotting’ paddle, setting out from Passage East at 6pm. Please contact me again for more details nearer the time.

After rain Monday night/Tues morning, Tuesday afternoon is due to ‘brighten’ and stay ‘breezy’ (Met Eireann’s best guess).

Sat July 10th tall ships leave Waterford. If this delightful weather keeps up I won’t travel to Connemara/Aran Isls but will do a paddle from Waterford city to Dunmore East with the ships as they leave port. If anyone wants to join me tel 087 7851475 – be prepared for an ‘interesting’ launch (we\'d have to get inside the city cordon) and one of my parents driving your car to Dunmore East!!

Cheerio,
Elaine
;)