Stamp Collection needs new home

General discussion
DaveWalsh

Stamp Collection needs new home

Post by DaveWalsh » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:47 pm

For 40 years of self employment I purchased all the “first day of issue” Irish stamps, 1979 to 2019. It’s all in a disorganised bag, think the size of a refusac. For some time I have being trying to give them away, at first to a suitable charity, then to anyone ...............

Anyway, I give in. What I thought of as an asset is a liability. One sack full of postage stamps on envelopes, mostly unused “first day of issue” Irish postage stamps 1979 to 2019, is heading to landfill.

My information varies from this being a deliberate malignant scam by An Post (aimed very successfully at eejits like me) to the more benign explanation that a great idea ran away with itself and its popularity with the masses killed it for the individual (“Ballad of Reading Gaol” springs to mind?).

If someone will take them I’d be grateful. Only condition is that if they turn out to have any value you consider a donation to RNLI.

DWalsh

DaveWalsh

Re: Stamp Collection needs new home

Post by DaveWalsh » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:11 am

A taker has been found, thanks. DW

DaveWalsh

Post by DaveWalsh » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:06 pm

Misunderstanding.

Stamps still seeking a good home.

First come ...........

DW

MaxLL

Post by MaxLL » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:15 am

Maybe it will gain value in a few years or decades from now. You've done a great job. Leave them as a legacy.