Looking to meet other Kayakers

General discussion
RichMC

Looking to meet other Kayakers

Post by RichMC » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:18 pm

I returned to Ireland in January after a few years in the UK, where I picked up the paddling bug.

I got quite good, (did white water kayaking as well as sea kayaking and canoeing) and would like to get back into it now that we are settled in. I live in waterford now, which has some impressive options on the door step, and would like to meet up with other kayakers to see what options there are.

(looking to pick up a boat too - was a bit spoiled in London to join a club with a good fleet).

DaveConroy

Re: Looking to meet other Kayakers

Post by DaveConroy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:41 am

Great spot to land at. East Coast Sea Kayakers will be visiting in a few weeks. One of your more infamous local ISKA members is memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1073

RichMC

Post by RichMC » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up guys. Took a drive along the copper coast cliff route and was most impressed by the kayak potential that I saw.

Will contact local kayakers, when my PM capability kicks in. Will need to source a boat somewhere if I am to do this seriously.

David

Post by David » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Well Rich, I paddle the Copper Coast a lot I can show you around sometime when your free. I have a few boats around too your welcome to take one for a spin until you get sorted. Im based in Tramore . Im not on here too much but ill leave my number here fire me off a message or give a call-0858155226