Information about ISKA meets
Chris McDaid

Rosses Point (Sligo) meet 3-5 August

Post by Chris McDaid » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:44 am

Info from meet organiser.........

Meet Sligo (Rossespoint) 3-5 August

Hi All,
Have organised the following for the Sligo ( Rossespoint)Meet:-

The Scouts Den ( Beside Yacht Club) - you can camp on the premises or use the big hall to sleep in - facilities also include showers/ toilets and kitchen.) Cost €8 per person per day. Please advise me in advance as I need to know numbers in advance.

For anyone who doesn’t want to camp - the Yeats Country Ryan Hotel is close by as is the Driftwood Guest House.

Have spoken to the Yacht Club which is adjacent to the Scouts Den and they have agreed to allow us to use their slipway for launching and landing. Kayaks cannot be left at this slipway but can be left at the Scouts Den which is literally 15mtr walk 😎

Both premises accept no responsibility for loss or damage to any equipment or personal injury.

Nice paddles can be arranged to InishMurray / Ardboline islands / short trips to Raghley and the Light House / tidal race and surfing near by

Looking forward to seeing ye there

Cheers
Jacqui

Corcaíoch

Re: Rosses Point (Sligo) meet 3-5 August

Post by Corcaíoch » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:39 pm

Edit. Won't be able to travel now. Enjoy

Cormac Ó Bric

Thanks
Last edited by Corcaíoch on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

iskaadmin
Site Admin

Post by iskaadmin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Rosses Point next weekend. Paddles will be organised for Sat, Sun & Mon. Accommodation available in Scout Hut (dormitory) with showers & cooking facilities. Camping also available in Scout Hut grounds. Both options €8 per person per night

fionatrahe

Post by fionatrahe » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:26 am

Looking forward to it - I'll happily take advantage of the camping facilities Fri/Sat, won't be around Sunday.

Marty Magz

Post by Marty Magz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:05 pm

I would like to camp at the scout grounds on friday and Saturday night. Who do i contact to book?

Thanks
Marty

Chris McDaid

Post by Chris McDaid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:14 pm

No booking required, just show up

Cheers
Chris

iskaadmin
Site Admin

Post by iskaadmin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:36 pm

A tour of the RNLI base & lifeboat station in Strandhill has been arranged for Saturday eve at 7.30/8.00

Ailish75

Post by Ailish75 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi Jackie
Will be traveling on Friday. I intend to camp both Friday and Saturday evening, looking forward too seeing you all. Ailish O Shea

Chris McDaid

Post by Chris McDaid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:04 pm

Rosses Point meet this weekend. Paddles planned for Saturday, Sunday & Monday. Possibilities include Inishmurray, Ardboline & Blackrock. There may be a surf session too.

Accommodation is available at the Scouts Den at Rosses Point (dormitory style). Camping is also available in the Scout Den grounds. There are full facilities in the Scout Den, showers, kitchen etc. Camping or dormitory accommodation is €8 per person per night

Sligo Yacht Club have kindly made their slipway available for launching & landing. Kayaks must not be left on slipway other than for launching & landing

There is a tour arranged of the Rosses Point RNLI unit & lifeboat for Saturday evening at around 7.30pm and we are working on organising something for Sunday evening also

Briefing/plans will be at the Scout Den each morning at 10am

See you there!!!!

Jose

Post by Jose » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:13 pm

See you there. Plan to stay at the scouts den Friday night and saturday night.
Thanks