ISKA Meets Officer

Information about ISKA meets
patriciacarraher

ISKA Meets Officer

Post by patriciacarraher » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:28 pm

I regret very much to say that I have resigned as Meets Officer of the ISKA Committee and from the ISKA Committee.

Patricia

Chris McDaid

Re: ISKA Meets Officer

Post by Chris McDaid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Really sorry to hear that, you'll be a massive loss to ISKA. Thank you for all the effort you've put in over the years

Cheers,
Chris

conorsmith

Post by conorsmith » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:52 am

I second that Trish, thanks for all your work on our behalf. You have been a super Meets Organiser.

conorsmith

Post by conorsmith » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:53 am

I believe we have lost the Chairman as well, with rumours of others....

afinn

Post by afinn » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:37 pm

HetY Trish, very sorry to hear that you are departing, you were indeed super at the post, really super.You will be a hard act to follow. May I wish you all the very best and hopefully I will see you soon.

brianmacmahon

Post by brianmacmahon » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:42 pm

Terribly sorry to hear that Trish.

We need committee members who will stand up for the ethos and principals that has made ISKA a very unique organisation. I truly hope that whoever fills the positions on the committee remembers those founding principals

You'll be sorely missed.

Mac

Lucyb

Post by Lucyb » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Sorry to hear that you are going Trish, you will be missed.

Brian Blake

Post by Brian Blake » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Thank you for all your hard work you will be missed. Who ever takes over the role has very large boots to fill.

Hynser

Post by Hynser » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi Everyone.
By way of clarification I feel now is the right time to post / publicise that I have taken a step back from my Committee responsibilities due to health reasons. The year has not gone the way I would have hoped for me personally. I want to thank the committee for their support of me in recent months. A lot of good work has taken place behind the scenes that is not always visible to members. Our secretary, Tony is away this week and he will post some updates on his return next week.

I had started the year full of hope to progress onwards with ISKA and my health in the Spring provided some challenges. I also have a young family whom my primary energy is devoted to. It turns out I have done some serious damage to my left knee and simple things became a lot more challenging. I am now booked in for reconstructive surgery in early August and I am going to be laid up for a good while after that and my ability to paddle at my usual level will have to take a back seat for a while. I need to focus on my recovery and health for a bit.

The committee have kept working away and as you can see a fabulous TnaD was recently published as well as a successful series of training weekends and meets. They are also putting the finsihing touches to a few other worthy matters which you will soon updated on.

Mary Butler is taking over as acting Chairperson until an election can take place at the Symposium and I hope the ISKA membership can be united in supporting her and the progress towards our symposium. As you well know, Mary has a wealth of experience and a solid reliable perspective on things.

I want to say thanks to you all, I'm not gone, just need some time out to get myself right again.

The wheels wills till turn....

mcorbett

Post by mcorbett » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:09 am

Sorry to here re your departure Trish.
Likewise Jon. Mind yourself.
Best wishes to Mary Butler.