16th/17th May - Streamstown ISKA Meet

Information about ISKA meets
conorsmith

16th/17th May - Streamstown ISKA Meet

Post by conorsmith » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:47 pm

Our first meet of the year will take place over the May bank holiday weekend, returning to the ever popular Acton's camp site, just outside Clifden. http://www.actonsbeachsidecamping.com/

If you are looking to book a pitch in advance (not required for tents), you should ring the camp site directly. Fees for the use of the site will also be collected by Chris himself and he will collect this at your tent over the weekend.

Organised trips will take place on both Saturday and Sunday, jointly arranged and led by myself, Emma Glanville and Chris Ted Carroll. In the week leading up to the event when we have a better idea of weather, we can set out plans.

On the Saturday evening Peter, Dave and their minions will arrange hot food, with a meat and vegetarian option. You make a donation and contributions go to the RNLI.

If you have not been to this event, you should try and make the effort to attend. It is a great campsite in a beautiful setting and the Saturday evening meal is a great social event. From a paddling perspective, this is a fabulous location which is just one of the reasons we continue to return each year.

If you are hoping to join us, you might post below to give us an idea of numbers. Bring your family as well, with plenty to see and do in the area for those preferring to stay on land.

Attachments
Streamstown.jpg
Streamstown.jpg (168.74 KiB) Viewed 10540 times
Last edited by conorsmith on Wed May 13, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.

brianmacmahon

Re: ISKA Meet May Bank Holiday, Streamstown

Post by brianmacmahon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:20 am

Come and Try It ably led by the Three Musketeers !

For the first time in years I won't be able to make it :(

It's the most enjoyable meet of the year.

Please God you'll have the weather ! and if not ? It makes no difference.
Always great fun and food to be had.

Sorry to miss it.

colinfrancis

Post by colinfrancis » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:54 pm

See you there, and may the paddle gods give us the weather i'm working in now :oops:

iskacommittee

Post by iskacommittee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:45 am

Folks

We are on countdown for our first meet of the year, with the weather slowly but surely improving over the coming days and into the weekend. Acton's Camp Site are expecting us and your dinner date for Saturday night will be ready and waiting.

If you have not been here in a while, in the last few years there have been great improvements to facilities with new showers and kitchen facilities and the grounds themselves are as always top class.

You might indicate below if you are travelling to give us with an idea of numbers and we look forward to seeing you over the weekend.

If you have questions, queries or comments, drop a line to - iskacommittee@gmail.com

Tronayne

Post by Tronayne » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:08 pm

I'll be there. Anybody around for a Friday afternoon/evening paddle?

Tom

Hynser

Post by Hynser » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Would love to be going but alas, a few more weeks of study before I regain my full freedom. :|
I'm sure you'll all have a great weekend, certainly some of the best paddling in Ireland along that coastline.
Best wishes to you all.
JH

Tony Power

Post by Tony Power » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:47 am

Hope to make it up work pending

colinfrancis

Post by colinfrancis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi tom hope to get down on friday,

highmoyard

Post by highmoyard » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Will be there Saturday morning. What time are you heading to sea?

iskacommittee

Post by iskacommittee » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:42 pm

The brief is usually 9.30 and launching for 10 or sometime soon afterwards.