ISKA Symp 2015

Information about ISKA meets
iskacommittee

Re: ISKA Symp 2015

Post by iskacommittee » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:35 pm

RNLI Raffle

Our annual raffle for the RNLI is an important part of the event but can only be as good as the prizes, for which we are a little short this year. If you or your business is in a position to donate a prize, we would really appreciate your help and you might drop a quick email to iskasymp@gmail.com if you can help in any way.

Thanks.

colinfrancis

Post by colinfrancis » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:12 pm

To everyone traveling to the (pud) I Mean the symptoms hope you get there save and I see you all soon, and play safe

iskacommittee

Post by iskacommittee » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:24 am

Almost there and things are hotting up.

Jon Hynes will premiere his Kayak Around Ireland DVD on Friday evening.

Justine Curgenven, who most of you will be familiar with and her DVD collection This Is The Sea is our guest speaker on the Saturday evening.

The weather gods are even in our favour, with the remnants of Hurrican Joaquin dispersing and missing us completely.
Attachments
Paddle Around Ireland.JPG
Jon Hynes
Paddle Around Ireland.JPG (48.44 KiB) Viewed 8241 times
Justine.JPG
Justine Curgenven
Justine.JPG (93.63 KiB) Viewed 8241 times

conorsmith

Post by conorsmith » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:02 pm

In a word - Class!

An absolutely brilliant weekend and thoroughly enjoyable. Great location, great conditions and great facilities. To all the providers who gave their time, to the keynote speakers and especially to Niamh for all your hard work and effort.

To the Waterford gang for showing us around their coastline and Bernie for her photos.

Best of luck also to the new committee for the year ahead.

If I can make one complaint, it is on behalf of future organisers, you have set a standard that will be difficult to match. Hats off to you again Niamh and thank you.
Last edited by conorsmith on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

brianmacmahon

Post by brianmacmahon » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Cracking cracking weekend !

Many many thanks to Niamh and her helper minions for a superbly organised symposium. Conor's right your going to be a hard act to follow.

Thanks also to the Copper Coast collective for the superb paddle on Friday.
Thanks to Bernie for the fantastic pictures !!

chris ted

Post by chris ted » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Well said...so good.still smiling...thanks to all especially our Niamh and welcome Jon.

Lucyb

Post by Lucyb » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Many thanks Niamh and all who organised the whole weekend. A fantastic weekend was had by Brian and myself.
Cheers Lucy and Brian b.

niamh

Post by niamh » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:42 pm

Thanking all of you so much for all your thanks, you are all a great bunch to work with. Some may think its a thankless job. I 100% completely disagree. So many of you sought me out to thank me in person, I shall be smiling for the next year :D

I would like to also thank every single one of you for making the effort to turn up, everyone was fantastic to work with. For answering emails speedily and for all the offers of help etc.

Thanks to everyone who dug in too, I will only mention one, as I would sure to forget someone and be morto I forgot them. Ray Gillen my side kick for the weekend. Poor Ray hurt his shoulder and thus was instantly promoted to being my charming smiling magic side kick. Thanks Ray.

Thank you also for my gift, it will be put to great use, a voucher for the Blue Book Hotels.

For anyone even half thinking they would be interested in organising next year, I would encourage you to step forward. Don't be afraid, there is a great bunch of people behind you helping out. A very strong committee. Plus I am available for any questions or help I could offer.

See you all soon,

Niamh

rbracken

Post by rbracken » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:08 pm

What a fabulous, fun-packed weekend full of terrific activities! I had a great time, learned loads and met thousands of old friends and made many new ones too. (OK, so there weren't thousands of people there, but you get my drift...) The venue was excellent, and it was nice to get to the south-east for a change. Accommodation was super, and there was a terrific range of work shops and activities. I'd particularly like to mention the Incident Management session I did with Oisín which was highly relevant, insightful and thought-provoking. Everyone should do it. Surfing today was a blast and we were very fortunate to be looked after by so many great experts! I could go on and on... so I'd better not. Many thanks to all the people who made it possible, and in particular to Niamh who has been doing such an incredible job for some years now. Alas, all good things must come to an end. Míle buíochas, Niamh. I look forward to seeing you all again as soon as possible.

Hynser

Post by Hynser » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:15 pm

So hard to pack so many great things about the weekend into a post.

Yeah, I really enjoyed meeting up with old friends and making new ones.
The venue and paddling locations were great. The staff in the venue were also very accommodating.

I was out for walk early on Sunday morning and to see drysuits hanging out the windows of the hotel and so many kayaks on the cars there was a great sight.

A sincere thank you to everyone who took part and travelled to support the event.
Certainly the help of all the leaders / providers ensures that quality paddling is open to all.

Again Niamh pulled it out of the bag and every year, we all get a little excited when we see such cool presents! A dry bag, coffee, sponge and a travel towel! All very handy indeed.

I really enjoyed the paddling sessions, its cool to see so many people well equipped and passionate about their kayaking and of course willing to try new things.

I think the people of Dungarvan also saw some great glimpses of our sport.

Have a look on my facebook page to catch some of my photo's of you all in action.

Video to follow somenight this week.
Jon

Finally, Ruth Bracken aka Heavy wave charger mega roll after getting nailed woman! Respect!