ISKA Special Mini Skills Weekend

Information about ISKA meets
DaveWalsh

Re: ISKA Special Mini Skills Weekend

Post by DaveWalsh » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Can birdie people please bring binoculars if at all possible.
Doesn't matter good or bad, big or small etc.
Makes a big difference.
Thanks
DW
PS Fred Cooney is coming, for the nostalgic !

ND

Post by ND » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:07 am

Shall go to mini meet - looking forward to it - cheers -NIC

patriciacarraher

Post by patriciacarraher » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Great to see so many people interested. Am currently heading north of camus and posting from Boffin. Have read all above messages. To spare my battery am only turning on the phone once a day. If you would like to contact me text me on 08 seven 20 two 5 810.
Trish

conorsmith

Post by conorsmith » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:55 am

The main group will meet a Roonagh Pier at 9.30 on Saturday morning, crossing to Clare Island once boats are packed.

I am hoping to attend and will more likely paddle over on Friday evening.

patriciacarraher

Post by patriciacarraher » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi guys,

Am back off the water. Thanks a mil to all who have posted and texted. It looks like a good gang travelling.
I did not realise that I had not put a time on the original post so I have texted a time of 10 am for those paddling over on Saturday morning. It takes a long time to pack a boat with gear for a weekend so please get packing your boat before that.

When you look up the campsite on the web it says that there is a strict no alcohol rule for the campsite. Also, in the event of an emergency it is the helicopter landing so hopefully we will not have to decamp in the middle of the night.

The other alternative is the Go Explore Hostel overlooking the harbour. Proprietor Carl O Grady (098) 26307
I have a Sherkin book about the seashore for each participant. We expect that most of Saturday will be walking but hopefully we will have a chance to go round Clare Island by kayak too. It is fairly challenging but we can have a chat about that later.

So far the winds look good for the weekend, the rain part is not yet clear. I will keep an eye on it and post again.

I am back on land so you can post your questions here.

Trish

brianmacmahon

Post by brianmacmahon » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Yes I'll be travelling too Trish !

Will be accompanying Conor to keep him out if trouble !

Looks like lots of Wiska's coming.

God help us ! :lol:

fionatrahe

Post by fionatrahe » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:31 am

Another wiska signing up :)
Promising to be a great weekend!
Don't know yet if I can make it Friday evening or Sat morning. Will link up with the other's travelling from Ennis if I can make it for Friday.
Will there be a chance for fishing too?

Fiona (despite the misspelt username )

conorsmith

Post by conorsmith » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:35 am

For information only - anyone heading across Friday, the Go Explore Hostel serves dinner up to 9.00pm, if you are arriving later in the evening. If there is a group and you want to reserve table(s), ring 098 26307

http://www.goexplorehostel.ie/bar-restaurant/

patriciacarraher

Post by patriciacarraher » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:38 am

Hi guys,
Some people are heading over Friday evening. If you are paddling Saturday and would like to travel with the group rather than on your own will you please post here in case we take off without you. If you have already posted that's great.

Reminder again on behalf of Dave Walsh to please bring your binoculars if you have them.

I was speaking to Patricia Byrne re rockpool exploration and edible seaweeds and she recommends you bring plastic ziplock bags for collecting your edible seaweeds and a small plastic scissors.

Also, a wee reminder that there is a 15 euro charge for the weekend to cover expenses. I will collect this at Roonagh on Saturday and from those already on the island later. It would be really useful for me if you had the exact money.

Trish

colinfrancis

Post by colinfrancis » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi will travel over on Friday with Brain and Connor See you on Saturday