Oileáin 499

General discussion
DaveWalsh

Oileáin 499

Post by DaveWalsh » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Oileáin stands at 499 islands, so its next acquisition will surely be a sort of milestone. Should it be something special, such as the smaller Foze Rock that no one managed to get near, never mind on to, last time ISKA hit the Blaskets ? Carrick Gadaí maybe in Conamara ? Or a rock midway between Helvick and Clonea in Waterford (I spent my youth looking at it) ?
There are lots of small close-in stuff still to do, and I am not knocking them. If anything they are the more important to the most people, being more accessible. Someone on holidays in a particular spot wants to know about the detail of what\'s available in that spot, and only the hardy few want the exotica way off on the horizon.
But for a special treat, anyone got any special ideas ?
DWalsh
PS the most recent were a handful in the Fergus Estuary (Clare) missed on previous visits, one amazing gap in the Magharees records (Kerry) and the two Samphires off beautiful Fenit (also Kerry). Does anyone know what is being built at Fenit Pier, looks like an oil rig in sections, SERIOUS metal workings?