Achill Island CO.Mayo 11/1/14

Trips reports submitted by members
colinfrancis

Achill Island CO.Mayo 11/1/14

Post by colinfrancis » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:31 pm

So for the first sea trip of the year and after the storm of the last week wat can I say. Met with some of the Killala Bay Paddlers at Achill Sound time 09;30am so up nice and early,On the water at 09;45 on the Slack tide the plan was to get the tide home,First land mark was Annagh Island quick cup of tea and off to Inishbiggle by this time we were paddle against the tide so a little more work needed,A quick play in the Tide race well the see was so flat all we did was practice ferry gild.Stop for lunch had a look at wat use to be a road down to the pier and slipway gone is all I can say rocks and seaweed cover the lot.back on the water and around the outside of Inishbiggle and went looking for some fun at a spot local call the Bulls mouth with tine over wind but not a thing happening so with the tide on our back off we went back to Achill sound a trip of some 20km :D

Chancer

Re: Achill Island CO.Mayo 11/1/14

Post by Chancer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Nice one Colin. Restricted enough paddling even on the East coast these days though getting whatever windows the weather offers. It is of great interest to ECSKC to hear of any damage to piers and other features on the West coast and to landing spots from the storms. Not finished yet these storms I know but good to read your observations.