PEER PADDLE - Finis Island - 21st / 23rd July 2017

Information about ISKA meets
brianmacmahon

PEER PADDLE - Finis Island - 21st / 23rd July 2017

Post by brianmacmahon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:42 am

Hi gang,

See communication from Margaret ;

Peer Paddle this weekend in Connemara instead of ISKA meet.

I'm planning to paddle on Saturday 22 July, in the relatively sheltered Greatman's Bay Area of Carraroe, south west Connemara. Weather indicates moderate NNW 15 knots, decreasing during the day to 9 knots. I stress that this is a PEER PADDLE, it is not led paddle, for level 3+, only, and you must be fully equipped. If you're interested in coming, please contact me on 087-9833419.
Margaret Farrell."

ND

Re: PEER PADDLE - Finis Island - 21st / 23rd July 2017

Post by ND » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:16 pm

Great week end, thanks Margaret for organising, even without the island stay, the circumv of gorrumna was superb, and what a weather! (Could have felt sorry for you having to paddle back in the sun on Sunday!) cheers N

margaretfarrell

Re: PEER PADDLE - Finis Island - 21st / 23rd July 2017

Post by margaretfarrell » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Thanks Nic, and thanks to all who travelled.
Yes, it worked out well, 7 paddlers, with 5 staying out on Inis Barrachain overnight. Gorgeous weather with a good night-sky show for the hardy bivvy people!
And great weather for the leisurely paddle back in via Golam Head and lunch on the island, with the wind on our backs. WE landed back into Carraroe beach about 3pm.

Thanks again, to all who believed the good forecast!
This was an ISKA meet, and goes to show, a small group of peer paddlers well equipped, with good but flexible planning, can work as an alternative to a big crowd with all that implies.
Thanks too, the Leaders who committed to the original weekend, but couldn't make it to this weekend. Next year, hopefully!
Regards,
Margaret