Symposium 2014 - PLEASE READ

Information about ISKA meets
ND

Re: Symposium 2014 - PLEASE READ

Post by ND » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:57 pm

Thanks Niamh and helpers and leaders for a great week end even with the wind - 2picts if it works!
Cheers
nic
IMGP5875Dsized.jpg
IMGP5875Dsized.jpg (219 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
IMGP5874Dsized.jpg
IMGP5874Dsized.jpg (146.9 KiB) Viewed 5150 times

robinkavanagh

Post by robinkavanagh » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:55 am

Great company! Great location! Great paddling (really, I mean it!) All together a great weekend!
Thanks so much to Niamh and co. for all the planning, organising and hard work . . .
Love my new cag! :lol:

afinn

Post by afinn » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:05 pm

A super weekend, I put this up on the East Coast site....just copied it here for those not on that site...

A wonderful wonderful, fun packed weekend. I saw people laughing that I have never seen laughing before, honestly.
Super paddling, something for everyone, even though it was blowing a gale.
We went over to Sherkin on the Friday, big stuff at the harbour mouth.
We fell off the chairs laughing in the pub later,
More paddling on Saturday, kayak turning winds, but super fun, no need to paddle when the wind was behind us, at one stage I just folded my arms and sat back, the wind blew me along no problem at all.
Level 3 paddles, easier paddles, rescues and incidents,early morning Greenland rolling in the pool, all went ahead on Sat.It was so sunny I got sunburnt, I kid you not.
Dodgy landings on the slip after, quite the swell going on, super team work.
Saturday night a wonderful dinner in the really wonderful Caseys Hotel, lovely food. Our goodie bag given out, A super Craghopper top, Whistle, Glow marker, Reflective Tape for our boats all included.
Dinner followed by a truly inspiring, and I thought moving (might have been the Russian music) by Sean Pierce on a kayaking trip to Russia, I have started saving.
The usual raffle, great prizes, one of our East Coast members won a cag, and other Easterlies won various prizes also.
To the bar and the best of sport and jollity, truly wonderful. Sennan, Knotman, had us in knots, literally and with laughing. Music was provided and all in all a tremendous night which for some, went on a bit late, I think I was one of them.
Sunday again a great day, Paddles, Stroke clinics etc. I went to Lough Hyne, the biggest smallest sea salt water Lough or is that lake in Europe, thats by salt volume, or is it, oh dear, twas like a civil war that discussion, but a very friendly civil war.
So thats 1963 and 2014 Willie. :laugh:
Can i recommend all members to reject Wikepedia.....you had to be there for the craic and to understand the jokes.
A truly wonderful weekend, thanks to Willie for the company on the journey, to ALL the wonderful friendly paddlers from the four corners of the country, they really made it a super event. Caseys Hotel, a super hotel, great rooms and food, very friendly and obliging staff.

Especially to Niamh for putting it all together ( I think Paul, her husband helped :whistle: )a truly supreme effort that I would not take on, wonderful, thanks a lot Niamh,very very well done.
To anyone behind the scenes who helped and contributed.
I like to try to live in the moment, BUT, roll on next year.
Some pics up on FB at www.facebook.com/1therapy
more to follow and also links to other pics from other members of ISKA

chris ted

Post by chris ted » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Well said Alan...top wkend with great people....thanks to all..sea kayaking is a great sport and I am glad to be a part
of it..

clairehugs

Post by clairehugs » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Alan,

I havent laughed so much in a long time..will never forget where the biggest smallest saltwater lough is for the rest of my days...

brilliant brilliant paddles..have not been ordered about so much on a paddle in my life, Sean and Eileen..wot? surf backwards? now?..Julian..so glad you made it home again..thanks so much to you and Oisin for Sunday...

Niamh...you are a shining star..beautifully executed...

Claire