CATITWE 17/18 MAY

Information about ISKA meets
martinguilfoyle

CATITWE 17/18 MAY

Post by martinguilfoyle » Wed May 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi all.

The weather is set to be reasonable so everything is going ahead. Briefing Sat 0930. Dinner will be served about 1900 hrs.
We will organise a rescue and rolling session if enough people want it. We will also organise a Greenland rolling session if enough are interested. If you want to join in this and have a Greenland paddle bring it along. Any suggestions please make them known.

Thanks to all who have registered their intention of attending and I am looking forward to meeting up with you all again.

Martin Guilfoyle

conorsmith

Re: CATITWE 17/18 MAY

Post by conorsmith » Mon May 19, 2014 9:32 am

Many thanks again to Martin, Peter and Dave for another super CATITWE weekend. Despite the inclement weather on Saturday, there was still great paddling to be had. Those arriving early Friday and getting on the water had great conditions.
With F5+ winds Saturday and rain coming in that afternoon, one group went down Streamstown Bay in the morning and out around Turbot and Inisturk during the afternoon. A combination of wind and spring tide provided an active tide race at the mouth of the bay for surfing and plenty of stroke work, with rolling and wet sessions later in the afternoon.

Dinner on Saturday afternoon was excellent as always, followed up with a presentation of cake and a set of Werner paddles to Martin as a departing gift and acknowledgement from his paddling friends. Moving to the UK at the end of June, this will possibly be Martin's last time organising CATITWE, although we hope he will be back occasionally to visit and join our weekends.

On behalf of all in ISKA, thank you again and the very best of luck for the future.
Attachments
IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_1207.JPG (76.07 KiB) Viewed 5949 times

conorsmith

Post by conorsmith » Mon May 19, 2014 9:38 am

Cake and Gifts For All
Attachments
IMG_1221.JPG
The Three (4) Amigos
IMG_1221.JPG (95.4 KiB) Viewed 5948 times
IMG_1217.JPG
IMG_1217.JPG (84.97 KiB) Viewed 5948 times

martinguilfoyle

Post by martinguilfoyle » Thu May 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi,
I would like to thank all who attended the weekend and who partook of the meal. The weather played a big part in the reduced numbers but the quality was there.
Friday was not too bad with a small craft warning for morning and afternoon with breeze moderating in evening. Many people managed to grab a paddle and some did more than others but those that paddled had a good time.

Sat the forecast was for worsening weather wet and windy . The race was running and some fun was had. Again people sorted into groups and did their own thing and thanks to Trish and Conor for leading the CATITWE trips,
The meal was prepped and ready in good time and was served quickly to avoid getting soaked. We had to cancel the entertainment due to the weather. Apologies. Again the Bell tent and Teepee proved invaluable as people were able to sit in comfort in the heated tents and enjoy a social occasion.. Some left Sat night.
Cork lads lovely to see you and hope to meet up with you all again.

The Sunday paddle to Cruach and Omey was very enjoyable with the sun shining and the wind below force 4 and a nice non aggressive swell. Another group opted for a longer trip and an interesting landing on Cruach.

I would like to thank Peter Dave Johnny and Alan for being part of the gang that organise this. I often get the credit but the other guys do most of the work in prepping, cooking, organising and pulling things together. Thanks lads.
A lot of behind the scenes work goes into this event not just the cooking etc but to the people that help in organising the tents stoves and the cleaning up. Josie always manages to supply the furniture; it might not be Ikea but it will last a lot longer. Thanks Josie and Maire. Thanks to all who helped and offered to help.

I have posted a notice on the general board re. the presentation to myself and the cake and kind words. Lads thanks for everything.
I wont be leaving until early July so I hope to meet up before I go.

Martin Guilfoyle

colinfrancis

Post by colinfrancis » Fri May 23, 2014 3:42 pm

ITs had to think this time last week over twenty plus kayaks from all over Ireland was on the road to meet in a camp site on the west coast of Galway ,All I can say is apart from the usual summer weather {wind and Rain} is THANKS to all the crew who put it all together see you on the wather soon :D

conorsmith

Post by conorsmith » Tue May 27, 2014 9:04 am

Last Action Heros, some of the crew organising themselves for a paddle on the Sunday. Pictures courtesy of Navarat.
Attachments
Martin Last - 7.jpg
Martin Last - 7.jpg (72.41 KiB) Viewed 5832 times
Martin Last - 2.jpg
Martin Last - 2.jpg (83.8 KiB) Viewed 5832 times