ISKA South East Meet Now On 12th/13th April

Information about ISKA meets
marionryan

Re: ISKA South East Meet Now On 12th/13th April

Post by marionryan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:14 am

What a trip on Sat :D It had everything, great company, bit of action, chunky waves, caves, tunnels, return into a headwind and the grand finale, landing in dumping surf!.....a really great trip.......
thanks for organising Stephen

ND

Post by ND » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Great week end it was, both days, with sun shine as well on sunday's trip and more caves, tunnels etc, great hospitality and meal, thanks Steve & Louise
Nic

johnd

Post by johnd » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Great weekend. Thanks to all who hosted and showed us around. BIG thanks for hospitality to Steve and Louise.

John

ND

Post by ND » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Posted a few picts there:
https://picasaweb.google.com/nicolasdpz ... opperCoast#
(record time for me!!)
Hope to see some videos soon with all these gopros around...
cheers
Nic

Chancer

Post by Chancer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Fantastic start to the ISKA meets. Copper Coast did not disappoint. Both days were stunning with big sea and beautiful scenery on Sat and warm sunshine and equally stunning scenery on Sun. Great to catch up with the very friendly natives of the sunny southeast. Must have something to do with the sun or is it the Blaa. Special mention in dispatches for the host and hostess with the mostest, Stephen and Louise. Really impossible to have done any more for us to make our stay more enjoyable. Thank you again for your hospitality and for the weekend. Worth delaying by the week.

robinkavanagh

Post by robinkavanagh » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Well said Mick! nothing more to add, a super weekend all around! Thanks so much to Stephen & Louise for their hospitality.

knotman

Post by knotman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:18 pm

We're missing out guys. The Copper (Cu) Coast has everything. 90 miles from Newbridge (my cave address), 70 miles of which are a quick zip down the M9.

To put it in perspective for those "Kildare Paddlers of Excellence" (aka the K-CLUB), Skerries is 75mins away for me whereas the Cu Coast is 95mins away.

Big caves, small caves, slot caves, slit caves, geos, oughigs, zawns, mine shafts, twisted passage-ways, stacks of all sizes and shapes, cliff and beach, zig and zag channels, forgiving rounded submerged rocks, roofless caves, arches, tunnels, geological/rock gardens and islands, all within a few paddle strokes of easy parking. It's all there.

What a great opener for ISKA meets. The omens are good.

Mile Buiochas (no fadas) to Stephen for stepping up and organising. Thanks to all the "Southies" for leading and guiding, each in his turn.

Lads and Ladies, thank you all for the great welcome. As Arnold once said "I'll be back". Sennen

StephenMcGrath

Post by StephenMcGrath » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Delighted that everyone had such a great time :D
Maybe we also made the Guinness Book of Records for the most number of GoPros on an ISKA Meet !

Speaking of which here's some video from both days:

http://youtu.be/RVmLtl0xzk0

Steve
Last edited by StephenMcGrath on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davidglasgow

Post by davidglasgow » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Nice one Steve, sorry i missed it, must get a plastic boat, and hard tips for my G.P.s, and a helmet, and and ......