Antrim Meet

Information about ISKA meets
marese

Antrim Meet

Post by marese » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Many thanks to Claire for organising a very interesting meet. A very enjoyable weekend. We stayed in the bothy which has been renovated by Robin Ruddock and others. Its a fantastic job - well done Robin and all involved. Its a lovely facility for kayakers in a gorgeous location. A lot of thought and care has obviously gone into its development and it was lovely to be cosy and yet so near the sea. The weather did not permit us to explore the coast as closely as we would have liked but its just a reason to go back to this beautiful part of the country.

Well done Claire and thanks again for all the hard work and organisation.

Trish & Conor

Chancer

Re:Antrim Meet

Post by Chancer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks Claire for taking on the onerous responsibility of running an ISKA meet but especially one in so challenging an area. Really enjoyed the paddling on Sat and while Sun was shorter it was equally challenging. Some of us got to view the coastline a bit closer than others. Thanks to the local lads Ashley and Owen for their knowledge and experience. Rathlin Island will have to wait for another day. While some of us elected to stay in the hostel the bothy is really well renovated and is as Patricia says a great kayaking asset.

chughes

Post by chughes » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

:) Thanks to you all for such great craic..I was really impressed with the Port Moon Bothy too and yes, thanks to Robin and Owen for all their assistance. I know we had some rock hopping in mind near the Causeway but I also think we got a real buzz from that swell that was coming from all directions and were pretty chuffed at being able to land in at the bothy..really looking forward to seeing you all again soon..huge hugs..

gspeller

Post by gspeller » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

I echo all the above. Many thanks to Claire for organising, Owen and Ashley for knowledge and all for company and craic. As someone once said \"I\'ll be back\".
Graham.

knotman2

Post by knotman2 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Am I hearing things, or is there an echo around here?