Anti-Clockwise Eire (ACE)

General discussion
tavi

Anti-Clockwise Eire (ACE)

Post by tavi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:17 pm

Hello all,

Three of us from South Wales and the borders are heading over to start our attempt to circumnavigate Ireland next weekend - and in case you hadn't guessed we are going anticlockwise! We hope we'll be starting paddling on Sunday April 9th - a week's time.

We haven't quite decided where we will start ... that depends on what the weather gods are predicted to throw at us in the first week or so, but it'll likely be either Belfast or on the south coast, probably Baltimore or a bit further east than that.

Hopefully we'll meet some of you around the coast and I'll try and post where we are on here - or you can follow us on facebook - send me a friend request (Tavi Murray) / like our page Anti-Clockwise Eire (ACE) (sincerely hope the acronym doesn't offend anyone - we mean it in the sense of the whole island and "ACE" was too good to resist ;).

We are collecting for various charities as we go ... but messages of support are just as welcome! Our joint charities page is here: http://tinyurl.com/ldd5g56

I'm in yellow Etain 17.1, Elan is in a Cetus and Gavin is in a Taran - if you see us anywhere please come and say hello!

Diolch yn fawr! Tavi

tavi

Re: Anti-Clockwise Eire (ACE)

Post by tavi » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:31 pm

We've decided we are starting on the south coast, should be paddling at least a part day on Sunday - leaving from Baltimore. Last few jobs to do ... last day at work for a while and very much looking forward to getting on the ferry tomorrow. Hope to meet some of you over the next weeks!

afinn

Re: Anti-Clockwise Eire (ACE)

Post by afinn » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi Tavi,Im am in Dublin and myself and some other paddlers from the East Coast club would love to meet ye on your way around...will you be keeping an update as to where ye are as ye paddle so I can keep an eye out for ye?
Thanks,
Alan.

WWW.facebook.com/1therapy