Brittany Kayak Festival 2017

General discussion
Chancer

Brittany Kayak Festival 2017

Post by Chancer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:18 am

The BKF 2017 takes place in LAMPAUL-PLOUARZEL in Brittany, France from 29 July to the 6 Aug.
Booking Form is attached here.

booking.ultinow.com/web/?_key=upk_45.587f88c57c075&_tp=pure&_eid=1169

The max numbers are restricted to 140 persons so if you are interested in this highly recommended trip best to book today to be sure of a place.
Cost is a ridiculously low price of 95 Euro per person.
Excellent paddling for all levels and standards, big international contingent of paddlers, wonderful location, great food and entertainment supplied on site. Cheap wines, fine cheeses, bakery with fresh pain au chocolat and croissants delivered daily to the campsite. What more need I say.
It's a camping venue though not a campsite. There are showers, toilets, fresh water rinsing facilities, briefing boards with weather, maps and tide data and plenty of local knowledge of the area in the huge community hall which we have the use of.
We hope to paddle to Ile de Molene as we did before and this time to get out to the famous or rather infamous Ushant island for overnight camping on these excuisite islands. Some challenging paddling in the tide races between these islands but as I said there is something for everyone from virtual beginner to experts. Great holiday too for children and non paddlers with wonderful walks in the area.
This location is the same as we attended a couple of years ago and its a great spot, right on the beach.
So far Tom Ronayne, Chris Hamilton, Lonan Byrne and myself are signed up to travel. It would be great to see a few more Irish paddlers travelling. You will not be disappointed .