Killary Meet

General discussion
DavidCarraher

Killary Meet

Post by DavidCarraher » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks Alan for a great weekend, how do you organise the sunshine. The mussels on Saturday were brilliant, Thanks to John, Pat and Maureen for collecting them. See you all at the next weekend.

rickyfulton

Re:Killary Meet

Post by rickyfulton » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

We`d also like to express our thanks to the Garda who gave us such a wonderful welcome on Friday nite.... :woohoo:

Sean

Post by Sean » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

A big thank you to Alan for his work at co-ordinating and planning the events of the weekend. Thanks also to the tripleaders Paul,Dave, Jamie, Eileen and their support crews. I made it a total of 53 kayakers on the water but Im open to correction on that one. I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. Apologies to those I did not get to talk to and thanks to all who travelled to make it a very successful weekend.

Sean

DavidH

Post by DavidH » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks Alan for putting the weekend togther. As always another excellent ISKA \'holistic\' experience - very supportive leaders - and I almost enjoyed the wet session on Sunday too!
Picture of Eileen\'s victims on Crump attached.
(Sorry tried to but for some (probably good) reason I can\'t! - if you want the picture I can email it to you)
Thanks again
David

alanhorner

Post by alanhorner » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Sunshine - we had + off-shore wind - lots of it...
Plus Gossip, Green Curry, Close shaves with the Law,
Noisy Hostel, Quiet Camping, Sandy beaches & Rocky Shore Lines..

well done to everyone who came along and thanks to all the trip leaders and helpers.

Now I know why we practise Towing, Rolling, rescues, escape routes
Turning in high winds, Surf Landings AND why I need a voice activated VHF...

Niall Durnan - TnaD editor is I\'m sure looking for some reports, Photos etc. - Please send him whatever you can.

See you all and more at the South East meet - details coming soon.

Alan

ciaranclissmann

Post by ciaranclissmann » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Some pictures from the Killary meet in the new Gallery. All from Dave Carraher\'s merry bunch on the Saturday. Sunday it was too windy to hold a camera... :)

Well done Alan, good weekend !

Ciaran

chrisleonard

Post by chrisleonard » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks to carl and margaret for the impromtu shuttle on Sunday from the Connamara wilds :) thanks to all the leaders and Alan for a great weekend as well.

cheers Chris

H2Obaby

Post by H2Obaby » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

More photos of \"Dashing Dave\" C\'s merry group of Killary paddlers at:

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=1092211 ... /otsi=SALB

You\'ll need to create a user ID where it says \"new to snapfish\" if you don\'t have one already.

Thanks for a brilliant weekend; Alan, Dave, Ciaran and the rest of the trip leaders!

-Cara

Cuan

Post by Cuan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Most excellent weekend (once we had broken through the Charlestown perimeter fence). Thanks to all who organised, esp. our very sensitive and understanding leader Madam S. who went the extra mile to find that extra knot of in-your-face wind.
Now if anyone wishes to contribute to the North-South slush fund for people in a hurry.......